FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WVONGA to Host “Embracing Energy” Conference Nov. 10-11
Charleston, WV (October 20, 2016) – Encouraging and mentoring women in the oil and natural gas industry is the goal of the West Virginia Oil & Natural Gas Association’s (WVONGA) 3rd Annual Embracing Energy Conference, to take place in Charleston November 10-11, organization representatives announced.
“I see incredible opportunity for women to share their talents in the energy sector,” said Maribeth Anderson, Director of Community & Government Relations for Southwestern Energy, and the first woman to serve as president of the association. “The Embracing Energy Conference will bring together women from inside and outside of the gas industry to share their experience, wisdom and knowledge with conference attendees, and I would encourage anyone interested in this opportunity to attend.”
Anderson said the event will be held auditorium of the Columbia Gas Building, located on MacCorkle Avenue in Charleston. The conference will kickoff with a luncheon on Thursday, Nov. 10, at 12:15pm and run through the evening, to include a reception and dinner. On Friday, November 11, the event will start at 8:00am and conclude by noon.
Featured topics and presenters will include:
- Work/Life Balance – Susan Brewer, Steptoe & Johnson, and Debra Degner, The Leadership Bridge, LLC
- Industry History & Overview – Kelley M. Goes, Jackson Kelly
- Oil & Gas Industry Safety – Beth Howell, New Pig Energy
- Pipelines & FERC - Brianne Kurdock, Babst Calland
- Geopolitical Overview - Kathy Beckett Member Steptoe & Johnson
- Standing Up & Standing Out in an Industry Slowdown – Allison Valli and Shirley Wulf, Dimensions Leadership Group
- Women & Industry Panel – Jessica Blake Brisedine, EQT; Katharine Fredriksen, CONSOL; Julie Hines, Seneca Resources; and, Leslie Gearhart, Trans Energy, Inc.
To register, visit the events page of the WVONGA website at www.wvonga.com.
For additional information, contact Rebekah Hogue at (304) 343-1609.